The home based nursing team provides a range of nursing services to people of all ages living in the community. The aim is to improve and restore quality of life and to maintain an optimal level of health and independence.
Our nursing team can assist you with:
- Wound care
- Personal care for people with unstable health or complex needs
- Supporting carers
- Continence issues
- Medication management
- Assisting people to manage chronic health conditions
- Health care needs after hospitalisation
- Navigating the health system, including referrals and advocacy
Our nurses will work with you to develop a nursing care plan that meets your needs in the way that works best for you.
Referral to Services:
- People under the age of 65 can access a referral to nursing services by contacting Omeo District Health direct on ph 51590100
- People over the age of 65 can access nursing services by contacting the My Aged Care intake on ph: 1800 200 422, or make an online referral through the website: www.myagedcare.gov.au
Prior to commencement of services a holistic assessment in the clients’ home will be arranged by a qualified Home Support Assessor.